Left: Peplum Look
Center: Cobalt Shell (side 1)
Right: Charcoal Shell (side 2)
Time: ~2-3 hours
- Existing sleeveless shell to pattern your top
- 1 yard of fabric for side 1 and 1 yard of fabric for side 2. Ideally, the same fabric type. I used 2 stretchy knits - 1 in cobalt and 1 in charcoal.
- ~3/4 yard fabric for 1 peplum
1. Create a basic top using an existing shirt (tutorial here). Make 2 identical basic tanks.
2. Place one tank inside the other one where the right sides of each are touching. Notch the collar (cutting through both) by making a triangular cut (a little over 1" on each side) at one side.
2. Sew the 2 tops together similar to how you would line a top (tutorial here)
3. Optional - Create the removable peplum (tutorial here, see part 2 towards the bottom of the post). You can close your peplum several ways:
- use a brooch
- add a hook and eye
- use a button and buttonhole
Happy sewing and have a great week!