Sunday, January 12, 2014

Transitioning Florals - Skirt DIY

With all the magazines focused on spring fashions, my mind automatically drifts towards florals and light colors.  I fell in love with the watercolor-esque strokes in this print and thought it would perfect for a skirt.  In the spring, I'll wear this with short sleeved tops and bare legs, but for now a sweater and tights will work :)

Floral Pleated Skirt DIY

Difficulty: Easy

Time: ~2 hours

Pattern:  2 Rectangles 24 x 32"

Materials:
  • 1 yard floral fabric from Joann's
  • 9" invisible zipper
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Oh! Very pretty pattern choice! The top you chose pairs with it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally going to try to make this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Let me know how it goes! :)

      Delete
  3. so pretty - i love the floral print you picked out! 2 thumbs up. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and print. I am in the process of making a pleated skirt ans love the florals. I might as well put the wool like material away and just get started on spring. Then again living in the midwest I might as well finish it. Cant wait to se more from you. -Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I feel the same way about putting the winter materials away. I was midway through a coat project and lost interest, lol. Stay warm!

      Delete
  5. Do you have a link to the tutorial for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I don't have a specific tutorial for this one, but I have 2 similar ones:
      http://sewpetitegal.blogspot.com/2013/05/j-crew-inspired-skirt-diy-tutorial.html
      http://sewpetitegal.blogspot.com/2013/08/tutorial-box-pleated-skirt-diy.html

      Hope that helps!

      Delete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...