Sunday, January 12, 2014

Transitioning Florals - Skirt DIY

With all the magazines focused on spring fashions, my mind automatically drifts towards florals and light colors.  I fell in love with the watercolor-esque strokes in this print and thought it would perfect for a skirt.  In the spring, I'll wear this with short sleeved tops and bare legs, but for now a sweater and tights will work :)

Floral Pleated Skirt DIY

Difficulty: Easy

Time: ~2 hours

Pattern:  2 Rectangles 24 x 32"

Materials:
  • 1 yard floral fabric from Joann's
  • 9" invisible zipper
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Oh! Very pretty pattern choice! The top you chose pairs with it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally going to try to make this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty - i love the floral print you picked out! 2 thumbs up. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and print. I am in the process of making a pleated skirt ans love the florals. I might as well put the wool like material away and just get started on spring. Then again living in the midwest I might as well finish it. Cant wait to se more from you. -Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I feel the same way about putting the winter materials away. I was midway through a coat project and lost interest, lol. Stay warm!

      Delete
  5. Do you have a link to the tutorial for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I don't have a specific tutorial for this one, but I have 2 similar ones:
      http://sewpetitegal.blogspot.com/2013/05/j-crew-inspired-skirt-diy-tutorial.html
      http://sewpetitegal.blogspot.com/2013/08/tutorial-box-pleated-skirt-diy.html

      Hope that helps!

      Delete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...