- Shanghai Dumpling King - Shanghai Juicy Dumplings (xiao long bao - pork and crab versions) and Sugar Egg Puffs (food pics here)
- Hakka - 2 Egg Yolk Crabs + Pumpkin
- Golden Gate Bakery for egg tarts (pics here)
- Hiking on Lands End Trail (pics here)
- Golden Island Cafe - Dessert Sampler and Mango Pancakes
- Hot Pot Garden - Spicy Miso and Tonkotsu bases recommended by Ping :)
Hakka - Egg Yolk Crab and Pumpkin
You probably can't tell from this photo, but the plate was 4x the size of a regular dinner plate. The other restaurant patrons looked impressed that the 4 of us were so crab-enthusiastic.
Wandering around Chinatown (I think this was a Chinese movies store on the same block as AA Bakery on Stockton), we happened upon a store with green tea candy wrappers taped to their window. Of course, I had to try Green Tea flavored Crunch bars! I like it more than the Kit Kat version due to the extra crispy bits.
Golden Island Cafe - Dessert Sampler: mango sorbet, coconut sago, toasted almond ice cream, fresh fruit medley
Mango Pancakes - essentially a crepe filled with whipped cream, mangoes, and sesame. The sesame + mango combo made for a delicious combination!
Hot Pot Garden - Spicy Miso and Tonkotsu Soup Bases - so GOOD!
Tray of proteins
- Hiking in the foothill trails
- Snowflake for Taiwanese style shaved ice
- Napa wedding
Snowflake - Pink Lady: strawberry shaved ice with popping boba, litchi jelly, fresh strawberries and strawberry sauce
Snowflake - Milk Tea: MT shaved ice with mochi, red beans, mixed jellies, crispy chocolate bits and condensed milk
Napa - Admittedly, this isn't a very detailed photo but the wedding was absolutely beautiful and the bride was stunning in her Vera Wang mermaid dress.
I blurred out our names, but aren't these place cards adorable? Great logistically too to let the servers know our meal choice.
Pretty floral centerpieces and homemade spicy caramel & bacon popcorn courtesy of the bride and groom
1st Course - perfectly seared scallop over polenta
2nd Course - Sea Bass w/ Mushroom Ragout
Ice cream bar (love!!) featuring handmade cones with chocolate tips
I was so full, I couldn't even try the wedding cake!
- Orenchi for ramen
- House of Silvanas - frozen Filipino treats reminiscent of macarons (pics here)
- Daiso in Daly City - huge Japanese $1.50 store
- Palace of Fine Arts - such a beautiful place for pictures!
- Mango Medley - dinner & dessert (dessert pics here)
Orenchi Ramen options
Smoked Salmon Spring Roll
Ahh, such rich broth!
Mango Medley - Clam & Bacon Pasta in Sake Cream Sauce
Mango Medley - Green Curry Brisket
We had a blast with our old friends and visiting our favorite places. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!