Sunday, December 2, 2012

Buttons to Bejeweled Necklace Easy DIY Tutorial

I found these buttons at Britex (the same place as the buttons from Tutorial Part 1) and thought they were oh so pretty.  I'm still crushing on the color green and I loved how vibrant the stones were without that murky look that some rhinestones have.


What I Used:

  • Buttons
  • Chain (I used one from an old necklace)
  • Jump rings
  • Eye pins
  • Glue (E6000)


Materials

1.) Slip your eye pin through the button shank

2.) Trim your eye pin to size and loop the straight end.  Allow both loops to just peek out from the button's sides

3.) Add 2 dabs of glue to secure your eye pin

4.) Allow glue to dry and connect your eye pins together with a jump ring

5.) Voila!  Easy peasy.

On a side note, I'm so pleased that my Blogiversary post got published at the Lucky Mag community site!  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

  1. It is really fun DIY again! the outcome is really really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh that is gorgeous! gold and emerald are so pretty together. if it were shortened it would be so dramatic against an exposed collarbone for an off-the-shoulder dress! you've got me holiday dreaming already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygosh, that's really pretty! you really are THE queen of DIYs! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It makes a beautiful necklace. And congrats on your post in Lucky Mag Community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great button-to-jewelry tutorials! And congrats on your blogversary post making onto the Lucky community! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great DIY and I can see using this technique for practically any bead or button combination :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had your knack for envisioning things from something as simple as buttons...this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, is that how easy it is?! incredible! why the heck have i never seen this tutorial? can we say PIN-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the vibrant green color. Great tutorial! Can't wait to see how you wear it.

    xoxo
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang! That looks so quick and easy! I have a whole bunch of beads and things from college (may have already told you this months back), and I will be looking to your site for inspiration whenever I am ready to attempt making something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing tutorial! Congratulations on making it onto Lucky Community .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just saw your DIY skirt over on Extra Petite and absolutely LOVE!

    xx Lynzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the queen of DIY for sure! I always see cute little buttons at fabric stores but never really thought to make them into a necklace (or even a bracelet). This is a fantastic idea and now I want to go back and see if I can find those cute buttons I saw. Thanks for the awesome tip hun! Love your blog and all the awesome DIYs!

    KT

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...