Thursday, March 3, 2011

Beauty Favorites Via Ski Petite

The lovely Ski Petite, one of our community's newer bloggers (check her out here), tagged me in a recent post of Beauty Favorites.  I will be the first to admit that I'm a little bit of beauty novice though I do have a few tried and true favorites I'd like to share :)


Questions:1-Which lipstick/ lipgloss did you use most often in 2010?
I discovered this on accident by getting it free from a friend.  Cover Girl TruShine in Peach Shine is my all-time favorite.  It gives you a sheer covering of natural-looking color without stickiness.  It has since been discontinued but I bought a BUNCH off eBay right after the stores got rid of them.


2-What was your favorite eyeshadow this year?

My favorite eyeshadow is actually Sephora Creme Caramel used as a base - great pigment and smooth application.  I use this with my favorite eyeliner, Loreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Eyeliner.  This eyeliner never irritates my eyes / contact lenses and gives you a nice, high-pigment color.


3-What product for the complexion (foundation, blush, etc.,) did you use the most?
Lancome Ageless Minerale in Natural Honey 10 is another product that gives you a sheer, natural looking color.  I love how light-weight it feels on my skin and the accompanying brush is super soft and spreads product evenly and effortlessly.


4-Your favorite nail polish color of 2010?
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Mauve It - I like to paint my toenails but not my fingernails.  Fingernails chip too easily for me and it drives me nuts to have to look at it all the time.  Toenails however are much more chip-resistant and a better investment of my time :)  This gives a nice, feminine color to toes in spring / summer and I love that it dries so quickly!


5-Which skin care product would you not give up under any circumstances?
I have pretty sensitive skin and many types of balm / moisturizer really irritate it.  Aquaphor, however, works on all types of dry / chapped skin (lips / elbows / hands) and never irritates.  Even our son used it when he had eczema as an infant.


6-What is your favorite personal care product?
Urban Decay Primer Potion makes even the most wander-happy eyeshadow / eyeliner stay in place.  Before this, I had constant raccoon eyes at mid-day and would have to remove the eyeliner and re-add in place.  Now, I can go the whole day without worrying about it (unless I happen to tear up at something which happens rather frequently - I'm such a sap).


7-Your usually worn fragrance in 2010?
Marc Jacobs Daisy - I fell  in love with this after smelling it in a magazine insert.  Good job on the marketing MJ!


8-What was your personal favorite jewelry piece?
 
Aside from my engagement ring, I really love my DIY Mixed Media Pearl Necklace.  I wear it all the time and love how it lends an instant touch of drama to more simple ensembles.


9-What have you discovered in 2010 that is new for you (new products, inspirations, blogs, hobbies, etc.,)?
2010 was the year I discovered bloggers and the petite blogging community!  I can't tell you how much I value you all for your advice, camaraderie, and kindness.  You've made such a big impact in my life :)  2010 is also when I started sewing and making jewelry.


10-Do you have resolutions for 2011? If so, what are they?

  1. Spend more quality time with the family DOING something.  We have a tendency to be a relax in front of TV type of family and I'd really like us to bond over more activity type items.
  2. Be more deliberate in my shopping.  Items purchased should either be super deals or something I REALLY want.  No more lukewarm purchases!
  3. More DIY!  Elevate skills from novice to intermediate.
  4. Related to #3, create a garment from draping rather than a pattern.  
  5. Shop in my own closet and try different combinations for new outfits.


11-Tag other people:

In lieu of formally tagging, if you have not yet posted your Beauty Favorites, please do share!  I love learning about new products!

8 comments:

  1. ohhh i'm intrigued...what type of skin is Lancome Ageless Minerale for and what kind of coverage does it provide?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you just started sewing and making jewellery in 2010!!! You seem like a pro to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, i need to try Sally Hansen's Mauve It. thanks for the rec! and you have the best jewelry!

    cute and little

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try the Urban Decay primer. I have a couple of eyeliners that always end up migrating from my lash line to my upper lid by mid-day. Thanks for sharing :)

    That's a really pretty necklace, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ping - As far as I know, it's not specific to one skin type or another. It provides light to medium coverage. It's perfect for evening out my skin tone and minimizing the look of my pores but I still need concealer for blemishes. Hope this helps!

    Elaine - Aww, thank you - that's so sweet of you to say!

    Kileen - I really do love that color. It's pink enough to be feminine but not bubblegum-esque :) Thanks!

    Ski Petite - I highly recommend the primer! Let me know what you think of it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really enjoyed reading this :)
    i use limecrime primer which is actually so good!
    i need to get on my nail polish game though haha
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post! I haven't tried any of the things since I know nothing about beauty care products..LOL

    But I am amazed that you only started making your own jewelry in 2010! That is awesome! You are truly talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret - Thank you! You have an amazing blog and a fab sense of style!

    Annie - Thank you for the sweet words! You're so naturally beautiful you probably don't need beauty products :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...