Prep Time: ~15 minutes
Cooking Time: ~15 minutes
- 1 Chicken Breast (or chicken wings, dark meat, etc.)
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Cooking Oil (enough to submerge your chicken)
- Corn Starch (enough to coat your chicken)
- Dried Chili Pepper
- Salt and White Pepper
- Sprinkle of Chinese Five-Spice Powder
- Green Onions (optional)
- Fresh Jalapeno (optional)
- Coat your chicken using a mixture of corn starch with dashes of salt and pepper. Coat evenly.
- Heat up your oil. Once hot, toss in your chicken to fry. Do not stir! Wait until it looks like the batter has solidified, otherwise your coating will fall off.
- Once evenly fried (~5 min), let chicken cool a little bit on a paper towel. After a few minutes of cooling, place it back in the oil for a quick flash fry. This ensures it will stay crisp throughout the meal.
- In a pan, heat up a little oil. Saute garlic and green onions. Toss in your seasonings and chicken. Stir well to coat.
I'm thinking about uploading cooking videos on YouTube - is that preferable to pictures / text?