Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 yards stretchy knit fabric
- NOTE: Make sure to use a double needle, zig zag stitching, OR serger for the sewing. Regular straight stitching will not allow the fabric to stretch.
- This dress is essentially composed of 3 rectangles:
- 2 for the skirt
- 1 for the waist / bust band
- Measurements are 28" x desired length (Measure from under your bust down to the floor and add 2")
- Cut 2 with the measurements determined above
- Mine were 28 x 40"
- Note: 28" was chosen so I could use exactly half the width of my fabric and also allow enough room to take long steps. Please feel free to customize to your needs.
- Measure your waist and divide by 2. Mark this on your skirt panels and cut diagonally from the top to the bottom.
- Place right sides of fabric together and sew down each side.
- Hem skirt
- Measurements are 12" x your waist (+ an additional inch)
- Fold in half with the short edges together and sew into a tube (see pic above)
- Fold in half with the long edges together so that the wrong side of the fabric is on the inside.
- Match up the raw edges of your band to your skirt and sew (right sides of fabric together).
Questions? Please feel free to leave a comment below or email me!