Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pin-spired: Striped Skirt w/ Lace Overlay DIY

Lately, I've been re-perusing my Pinterest inspiration board to get sewing ideas and came across 2 pins (Jean's lace dress and a sheer skirt overlay) that made me want to experiment with lace and stripes.

The result?


Difficulty: Easy

Time: ~1.5 hrs

Pattern: See patterning instructions here, but used normal pleats instead of box pleats

Materials:
  • 1 yard of lace + 1 yard of striped fabric
  • 9" invisible zipper
  • Optional interfacing (more info in this tutorial)
Excited to tackle more Pinterest projects in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Oh!! Interesting! The lace over pattern looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a great idea :) Really pretty!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I like that it can be formal and informal!

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...