Difficulty: Embellishing - easy, Top - average
Time: 1 hour to embellish, ~1.5 hours for the top
- Existing DIY'ed Top (DIY instructions here)
- Silk flowers (I should probably note that I'm not sure how this will behave in the washer. I'm guessing it will be fine in gentle wash with cold water, but I won't toss it in the dryer.)
1. Pluck the flowers off of the stem
2. Lay out your general flower design and mark it (I use chalk) like the first photo. Add a few stitches to the center of each flower and backstitch to secure.
3. Follow Step 2 for all of your flowers and you'll wind up like #3 pictured above. Snip off the extraneous threads from the front and back.
I wound up liking the semi-ruched look, so kept the back stitches intact on one shoulder :)
Scattered Flowers DIY Top
Polka Dot Skirt DIY (original post here)
Basketweave Crossbody from HK