Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chan Luu Inspired Wrap Bracelet DIY Tutorial

Chan Luu bracelets, typically around $295

My version using this tutorial (sorry the original link no longer works, but click here for my version of the tutorial with video), total materials = $16


I saw this tutorial and just HAD to give it a shot.  My first try was an utter failure but once I got the hang of it, it got easier. One tip is to secure the leather laces to something so they're not flopping around when you're doing the weaving. I used a piece of cardboard and 2 binder clips to keep them stable and it was smooth sailing from there.


That said, I don't think I'm hip enough to actually rock the look...

10 comments:

  1. The tutorial link no longer works...do you have a way in which I can still see the tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda - This tutorial was originally created by Robin @ Ruby Mines and was featured both on her blog and the craft site Cutoutandkeep.net but it now looks like both have been removed. :( If I find it again, I'll repost the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking everywhere for this tutorial, but everywhere removed :( Wonder why?!
    Hope somebody will be able to find a good tutorial for this bracelet because its lovely and I really want to make one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found Ruby's http://buatkalunggelang.blogspot.com/2010/09/tutorial-chan-luu-turquoise-wrap.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really good at instructions! Very clear and precise. THAT is hard to find out here in cyberspace! So glad I stumbled across you looking for this bracelet tutorial! Hope you do plenty more - - - with audio, have someone else read it if you don't like your voice! Otherwise, perfect! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon - Thanks for finding it! This is the original tut.

    Jan - I'm glad it was helpful to you! Next time I'll try to wrangle hubby into narrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! I've been searching for this tutorial for awhile now. I looked in several books in stores and couldn't find anything. Found your video on youtube and it directed me here.
    Love it and I will be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I'm going to start following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG what a pretty Bracelets. This is my first time to this site but my friend has told me about your work and you are very very good!
    Wrap bracelets

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...