- Gestational Time: 28 weeks - 12 more to go! (Only 8 more until maternity leave - woohoo!)
- Weight Gain: 22 lbs (I may have to be stricter with my diabetic diet bc I only gained 19 lbs total with our son)
- Added Inches: +11 at the tummy, + 6 at the "waist"
- Current Cravings: Chicken Salad with Buffalo Sauce, Tamales, Carne Asada, Fried Pickles
We've actually had a baby girl name in mind since my first pregnancy and I think we are sticking to it. When asked, we have a tendency to just say we don't have a name yet. Hubby had a friend who wanted to name her baby "Savannah" and a well-meaning(?) person informed her that was the name of a porn star. In order to prevent our bubble from being busted, we'll just stay tight-lipped until her arrival.
A Chinese middle name was much more difficult to think of. Both hubby and I immigrated to the US as infants so while familiar with Cantonese, are not what you would call proficient. We've been bumbling around for the longest time but then came across this nifty website which allows you to input the English name, gender, date of birth, and desired meaning. We chose one that means kindness and intelligence. Mom thinks the characters are a bit funny for a girl but eh, what are you going to do?
- Coming Home Outfit: Ruffles on the tush! The one I ordered is actually pale pink with just one polo figure at the chest, but this is the only photo I could find online that showed the cute little butt ruffles
- Nursery Decor: We are putting this on hold until our move next spring / summer but I'm planning on a lavender room with panda bears :) (Gorgeous Etsy offering from Designed Designer - buy here)
- Misc. Clothes: A bunch of little dresses, socks / tights, hair accessories :) Plus, a little splash of Burberry doesn't hurt anyone!
- Neutral Hand Me Downs: I saved some Gucci sneakers and a Burberry sweater from big brother too! After Baby Girl, I'm going to have these framed into a shadow box keepsake. In general, I didn't want to buy TOO many designer baby items since they grow so fast but I just couldn't resist buying a few pieces for family pics and for handing down.
To all those with siblings (both hubby and I are only children), any words of wisdom for welcoming #2 / making #1 still feel special?
P.S. - I'm still a bit behind on responding / commenting, but will catch up this weekend!!