Thursday, October 13, 2011

Triple Row Leather Bracelet DIY Video Tutorial

I received a reader request on how to create a multi-row beaded leather bracelet similar to the tutorial for the Leather Wrap Bracelet here.  The instructions are similar with just a few modifications - see below for materials and video.

What I used (materials can be purchased at most hobby stores like Michael's):
  • 40 inches of 1 mm leather cord
  • Beads 
  • Size D Nymo thread
  • Beading needle (personally I use a floss threader because I like that it's flexible without getting warped in the beading process - also any size thread will fit easily in the loop)
  • Beading glue (I use super glue because the bead glue I have turns white and crusty when dry)
  • Button with 2+ holes (needs to fit 2 mm cord, look for spare buttons around the house)

Questions?  Just leave it in the comments and I'll get back to you :)


  1. What a great DIY! Your DIY's are so easy to follow- love them!!!

    Hope you and new baby are doing fantastic :)

  2. I love these accessory tutorials! Agreed with Annie - they're very easy to follow. : ) So awesome to hear your voice, but we still haven't fully seen your face yet. ; ) LOL Hope your family are doing well!

  3. You're so crafty! I was head over heels into beads when I was younger but since I couldn't even make a simple bracelet without it falling apart, I quite. This seems manageable to a girl with two left hands like me :) This is a very fashion-forward bracelet and I like it quite a bit.

  4. This is an awesome DIY. Thanks for the easy to follow directions. Can't wait to try to make one. How is motherhood so far?

  5. That's a really pretty bracelet!

    xx Grace

  6. wonderful bracelets! loved it! enjoyed your blog.. following you now.. hope you could visit my blog too...


  7. Thanks for the tutorial! I'm excited to make this bracelet and hopefully it will be quicker than the other wrap bracelet! =P You have such a cute voice! :D Good call on the floss...when I used a needle, I kept poking myself! =P

  8. This DIY is really awesome. It seems fairly easy to do! Even for me, and I have no skills at all.
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

  9. oh this bracelet is gorgeous!! i love your tutorials!

    cute & little

  10. Annie - Thanks so much! Baby Girl and I are doing well - thanks for asking!

    Jessy - Thanks! LOL about my voice, one step at a time. The face thing is a little because I'm too lazy to worry about makeup and facial expressions. :)

    Anna - Thank you! I'm so glad that the tutorial seems pretty user-friendly! I was worried about it :)

    Thu - Thank you! Being a mother of 2 is definitely different than being a mother of 1! But it has been going pretty well and Big Brother seems to love his Lil Sis :)

    Grace - Thanks so much! I want to make another version soon once I find the right components.

    Dina, Jazzy - Thanks for dropping by and commenting! I'll be sure to visit your blog right after this :)

    LePetiteLemon - I've tried needles before and hated it so I do love using my floss threaders :) Hope it goes better for you this time and thanks for the comment on my voice! I'm a little self-conscious about it - it's very "little girl" sounding and when I answer the phone, I frequently get asked, "Can you put your mommy on the phone?"

    Bonnie - Thanks so much! I hope this tutorial is helpful to people :)

    Kileen - Aw, thank you! I like doing tutorials - it makes me feel helpful :)

  11. I have another type of 3 row Chan Luu bracelet that I would like some help learning how to do it. It looks to be some sort of macrame. I would like to send a pic to you and you can find a purple one on the actual Chan Luu website for your review. Thanks in advance!!

  12. Allison - yes, please send a link or photo and I'll see if I know how to make it


I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...