Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cowl Neck Cardi DIY Project

This week's project is a lightweight fall cardi made out of a soft t-shirt material.  The buttons are deliberately placed off-center so that the right side of the cardigan takes up more of the front than the left.  The cowl collar features snap buttons and there are 3 large silver buttons for the cardigan closure.  

Cold-weather tops are definitely more involved, but I'm hoping with practice, it will only get easier :)

I should have arranged the collar a little better but I was too focused on snapping the pic.  Here it is buttoned as a cowl neck.

With the collar unbuttoned, it has this large floppy look that for some reason really appeals to me.  It's a little...pilgrim-esque?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's very interesting draping on the collar! I wonder if you can slim the body a little bit more though, because something about the proportions is making it look slightly older? Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see more of your creations on YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with curls and pearls! i'd love to see your creation on you and styled with pants/skirts, accessories, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PetiteXXS - It definitely has a slight Puritanical feel to it LOL. When I was thinking about proportions, I was unsure if it needed to have a relaxed cut due to the floppy collar. I'll play around with pinning the body and see how that looks. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Curls-and-pearls and Ping - You mean you want me to get off my lazy butt and actually take real pictures? LOL :D I'll do that next time - thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking for some creative and unique people to guest post on my blog, and from what I see with your tutorials I'd love to have you do a guest tutorial!! I absolutely love the sophisticated tops you've created. If you're interested, send me an email at rufflesandroses@gmail.com (i couldn't find your contact info).

    Also, check me out at rufflesandrosescrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...