Thursday, October 23, 2014

Eats: Beyond Pho

Growing up in Indiana, I didn't learn of pho until college (yeah, I know).  And until California, I didn't encounter all the other delicious Vietnamese dishes that our family has come to love.

So far, our favorite place is Ben Tre in Millbrae:

5-Spice Chicken w/ Garlic Noodles - tender chicken perfectly cooked and seasoned on top of a bed of garlicky noodles - how can this combo go wrong?

BBQ Pork Chop Rice Platter - the marinade / flavoring of the pork chop is amazing!

Bo Tai Chanh - beef carpaccio w/ fantastic lime flavor

And from Vung Tau in San Jose:
Delicious Shaking Beef w/ tomato rice (the salad underneath is tasty too)

Banh Khot - crispy little spheres filled w/ shrimp

3 comments:

  1. Yum, this place looks amazing! I'm definitely putting it on my list of places to check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a meal - hope you like it, Emily!

      Delete
  2. if I don't get pho, I order the pork chop plate - so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...