Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day and Motherhood

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!  This is a particularly special holiday to me for 3 reasons: 1.) our first child arrived on Mother's Day - Happy 5th birthday to my darling V 2.) it reminds me of how lucky I am to have such a wonderful Mother and 3.) it reminds me of how lucky I am to BE a mother.

Dim Sum and Milk Tea to start the day! 
Jia leung (fried dough wrapped with rice noodle, sp?) - a favorite for all 3 generations

My darlings

Ready for some rambling?

Soon after getting married, I started experiencing some health issues.  I underwent tests for a few months and thought I was going to die when the doctor mentioned possible brain tumor (in retrospect, I reacted too dramatically, but when faced with mortality at a relatively young age, I...spazzed).  I'm fine now, as you can see, and just get monitored periodically.  At any rate, I was feeling morbid during that time and reflecting upon what I might not be able to do.  Number 1?  Children.  They had always been a part of our plans, but not top of mind since we were still newlyweds.  After I was cleared, children became our priority.  We had our difficulties, but after years at the doctor, we were blessed with our baby boy.  It was a no-brainer to pursue baby #2 the same way, and thankfully, it took less treatment / time.  My path to motherhood reminds me every single day how blessed I am to have these children <3<3<3

These days,

  • Little V
    • Will be graduating preschool and starting Kindergarten in the fall 
    • Bounded into our room this morning at 6am to exclaim, "Happy Mother's Day!" :)
  • Little E
    • Her toddler speak is a constant source of laughter - all verbs have an added "y" at the end
      • "I needy this" 
      • "I wanty sit on lap"
    • Loves to help unpack.  It's not productive (at all), but it's sweet

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day SPG! You are my favorite petite blogger mom! My gosh, I didn't realize you had such health issue scares getting to this point. I'm so glad it hasn't stopped you from having the cutest darlings! Always enjoy the updates on your little ones and the amazing SF food of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Olyvia! Those are very kind words and they mean a lot to me :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Elle! :) Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day!!! your two kids are so adorable, and I don't remember if I've already mentioned it to you before, but our boys were born just days apart! I was crying on Mother's Day back in 2009 because P was overdue and I wasn't a mother yet, and he didn't come out til a few days later.

    And omg! tumor in the brain!? crazy. and so so so scary. Glad you are okay now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Kimmie! I remember that story! Happy almost birthday to your little guy!

      Thankfully, it wasn't a tumor! They think it's an artifact in my brain that we just monitor to make sure it doesn't get bigger.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful photo of you and the kids!!! I can't believe V is starting kindergarten in the fall! Where has the time gone? I love toddler-speak :). And tks for sharing your story, about health struggles and getting pregnant. The 2 of them certainly are blessings! Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Mother's Day! You seem like such a wonderful mom and have such beautiful children! and I totally drool over the first picture it looks so delish.

    Jenn
    A Petite Treat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Mother's Day! Loved reading this post and seeing the new photo of Little V and Little E!

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...