Sunday, February 2, 2014

Review: J. Crew Factory Scalloped Dress

I remember when J. Crew originally carried this dress and thought I'd give the Factory version a try:

Scalloped Dress, Sz 0, here
I think the intention of this dress is for it to be very A-line and body-skimming.  I don't have the chest required to fill that part out and so it seems overall a little schlumpy on me.  If you have a similar problem, I'd recommend trying one size down to see if the chest fits better.  It looks like 00 is available online, but I didn't see it in the store.  Good length for my 5'2" stature - hitting slightly above my knee.  I wonder if this would be too short for taller ladies?

Armholes run a tad low.  As with typical shift dresses, it is very big-lunch friendly.

If only the chest were cut a smidge smaller!
Verdict:  No, the scalloped details are darling, but this just doesn't fit me properly.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...