Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cheap Eats & Biking Golden Gate Bridge

I say this a lot, but I LOVE SF.  Last week, we took a day off and spent it in the city for some cycling and cheap eats.

At D&A Cafe:

Fresh Watermelon Juice ($1.70)
Hong Kong Milk Tea w/ Tapioca ($2.50)
Their drinks were SO GOOD!  Fresh squeezed watermelon juice and the first place to offer tapioca with Hong Kong Milk Tea (that I've encountered).

Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings ($4.80)
A tea time special, we got a plate of giant, tasty chicken wings for less than $5.

Beef Macaroni ($1.80)
Popular in Hong Kong, this is a macaroni dish set in broth with meat and light veggies.  Depending on the broth used, this is one of my favorite comfort dishes.  I can't say this was a favorite, but it was pretty decent and D & A has a ridiculously cheap price point for this during afternoon tea.

 And because we spent a good chunk of the day cycling, we treated ourselves to a yummy crepe from Genki Crepes:
Lychee, Nutella, & Almond Crepe
Loved that they offered a lychee option for crepes here - delicious!

Finally, we rented a couple of comfort bikes and rode from the Presidio to Sausalito, ferried our way back to the Ferry Building, and then rode back to the Presidio.  Such a gorgeous day!
Beautiful views biking on Golden Gate Bridge
Bike rental $13 for 3 hours from Sports Basement (Presidio).  Compare this to the $20/hr rentals I saw in Sausalito.

Happy Hump Day!  It's almost the weekend :)  Have a great rest of the week!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day!! And that crepe sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dishes look so good! I could use a dessert crepe right about now. Mmm..
    jessydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that type of beef macaroni before! Will have to try it if I ever visit the west coast (soon hopefully)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna - if you search for "Hong Kong cafe", you should be able to find it in heavily Asian-populated areas like Chicago, NYC, etc. But yes, definitely lots out here! :)

      Delete
  4. I love SF too! I love all the food places there. Surprisingly I was able to find a lot of vegetarian place.Oh and I also love hanging out at the wharf.

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...