Thursday, October 17, 2013

Catherine Malandrino for Kohl's Reviews

On the creative front, I am working on Halloween costumes for the kiddos so do not have anything to show in terms of DIY at the moment.  So on to shopping!  :) I'm always curious about designer collaborations and the Catherine Malandrino for Kohl's line piqued my interest with the little Parisian themes throughout.

Catherine Malandrino for Kohl's Eiffel Tower Sweater, XS (here)
I loved the print of this, but would have preferred something a little more fitted / less see-through.  The material itself is not itchy or scratchy, and as you can probably tell, pretty lightweight.

I'm not a big fan of the winged effect either...
Verdict: Though this didn't work out for me, I think it looks gorgeous on the model in the stock photo and so might be a great option for others.

Catherine Malandrino for Kohl's Belle Brunch Print Blouse, XS (here)
Another one that was cute on the hanger.  The blouse seems large throughout - sleeves are very long and cover the tips of my fingers, torso is very loose.  
Verdict: No, didn't fit and I don't think I can pull off this type of print.

Jennifer Lopez Faux Leather Peplum Top, S (here)
Aside from not being able to fill out the chest, the Small didn't fit too badly.  It's a little edgier than I'm used to, but I'm rather drawn to it - particularly the material (coated ponte).  I think XS would give me a better chest fit.
Verdict: Am ordering XS to see how it fits

Elle Striped Lace Overlay Top, XS (here)
This is a rather cute tee and fit well throughout due to the knit material.  I was tempted to buy it, but I'm *still* feeling cheap and $25 seemed too much for a novelty tee especially when my average spend per garment at Kohl's is ~$15.  And yes, I wouldn't bat an eye at J. Crew even if this were $40, but I guess I really fall into the trap of perceived value depending on the retailer.
Verdict: No for now, but would consider at a lower price point

I might have mentioned this before, but the Kohl's site typically offers extended size options going down to XXS.  I once ordered a Lauren Conrad top in XXS that was SO small, I could only button the very top button and the very bottom button.  So while XXS doesn't help me, maybe it'll help others :)

Interested in winning a $100 gift card?  Check out my giveaway via Tide Pods and Blogher here - all you need to do is comment!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't even know Catherine Maladrino had a collaboration with Kohls! I really like the peplum top on you and hope that the XS fits well. And can't wait to see what you're making for your Halloween costumes! You'll share on the blog right? :)

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Kohl's collab looked interesting too. Thanks for your reviews. I didn't suspect anything would fit well off the rack but good to know about extended sizing online (I'd prefer petite sizing). Can't wait to see what the kids are for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. İ love all your sweater or blouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh this is fun!!! i can't wait to see that faux leather peplum top on you in the XS. hope that size works out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about this collaboration either! Thanks for letting us know. Looks like it's a little ho-hum, so thanks for saving me a trip to Kohl's :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...