Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Banana Republic Fitting Room Reviews

I actually tried these on a few weeks ago when shopping with Ping and Karen, but everything is still available online and probably in stores as well.

Striped Cardigan, Ranger Red, XS, (here)
Stripes?  Check.  Navy & red (my current fave color combo other than navy & green)? Check.  Seems to give the illusion that I'm thinner? Awesome, I'm sold.  Soft and not at all itchy, this cardigan is a great combination of being comfortable while giving a flattering shape (not tight either!).  Bonus is that cardigans have the versatility of wearing buttoned up or open.
Verdict: Bought

Printed Peplum Top, 0, (here)
This top looked super cute and flattering in person (I swear!  Even Ping and Karen gave it the thumbs up), but not so great in the photo.  It seemed to fit great, but the picture shows that it makes my torso look short and wide.  The peplum piece looks a little too long for my frame and my waist isn't nipped in enough to balance it.
Verdict: No

Print Fold Neck Top, 0, (here)
I rather liked this graphic diamond pattern.  The interesting thing about this top is that the zipper separates at the bottom and extends all the way from neck to hem.  This gives you an overall better fit (I feel) because they don't have to make extra slack allowances to pull-over, but it's also a little bit of a pain to fumble around trying to match the zipper together in the back.
Verdict: Cute print and decent fit, will wait for sale or possibly DIY one

Heidi Stripe Tee, XS, (here)
This tee is super soft and I love the color scheme of red and navy, but I felt like it had several fit issues. 1. The v-neck is cut rather wide and low.  2. I'm not a big fan of the dropped sleeve in this particular style because the proportion of it doesn't look quite right.  Just winds up looking like I have webbing connecting my underarms to upper arm.  3. Awkward sleeve length and baggy torso
Verdict: A resounding no.  The overall combination of neck / sleeve / torso makes me look larger than normal and frumpier too.

I still love to shop, but I find that I don't buy as much as I used to.  I think it's because I'd rather spend my money on all the yummy food in SF :)

11 comments:

  1. I've been loving their spring arrivals in flattering classic shapes and fun prints, plus the material feels and looks expensive. Ordered the pale blue jacquard dress and navy Carrie sheath both for 64 (30% off of current online price). Also adore the stripe skirt but alas it ran big

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the photo of the cardi, I was also thinking, "Wow, great shape! Nipped in at the waist!" Great fit, girl! Maybe you are just getting skinnier and just don't know it :). Love it with the current outfit of neutral pants and fun-color belt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe, i agree! i rather spend my money on yummy food! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cardigan is very flattering on you. I am the same way now..I do a lot of window shopping online but I rarely buy anything. Thanks for the review, S! Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored the cardigan on you. The cardigan was a great buy. I have been good this year so sale. I haven't been to the mall for a while now. Thank you for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cardigan and the fold neck top on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the top you went with...great choice. Ha ha ha, I agree about spending money on yummy food...I'm totally with you on that one!

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you. I have been shopping less and less due to my increase in spending on food! Alot of my income goes to Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. maybe because of the food & maybe because a lot of things you do an excellent job of making yourself!
    thanks for showing your picks!

    http://shortandsweetjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...