Sunday, January 20, 2013

J. Crew & Ann Taylor Sale Reviews

Enticed by the sales, we headed down to check out Ann Taylor and J. Crew in Valley Fair mall.

Ann Taylor:
Ponte Boatneck Top, XS, $17.50 in stores (buy here)
Pave Stone Statement Necklace, $25, (buy here)
I am completely in love with this top!  Firstly, it's super comfortable and has that overall slim fit with some torso room (ahem, post baby belly AND room to eat) that I adore.  Secondly, the emerald color is beautiful IRL and thirdly, what a great price!  Can be worn alone or layered (my uniform as of late - layers with button downs and statement necklaces).

And the necklace (w/ the white top)?  This was a magpie purchase - the sparkles caught my eye as I was heading to the cash register.  It is awfully pretty though and $25 isn't too bad for a heavier duty piece.
Verdict: Eep, purchased 2 tops (emerald and white) plus the necklace

Colorblocked Turtleneck Sweater, XS, $25, (buy here)
This was one of those items that had great hanger appeal.  The fit was fine, but it looked much better on the hanger.  It was soft and non-itchy - always a plus with sweaters.
Verdict: No, not for me

Sailor Tee in Engineered Stripe, XXS, (buy here)
I was drawn to the stripes as always and though the fit seemed ok in the arms and shoulders, the torso was a little too loose giving the impression of a wider silhouette.
Verdict: No thank you to looking wider

Tippi Sweater, XS, (buy here)
City Mini in Dublin Tartan, 0, $35 (I think), (buy here)
I was looking for a plain Navy sweater and the Tippi fit the bill.  Soft and comfortable with a relaxed fit.  Probably good for layering.
Verdict: Will wait for sale

Such pretty colors in this skirt!  The elastic waist has quite a bit of give making this a very comfortable option.  This would have been a "yes", but the lovely Caroline just gave me something similar :)
Verdict: No, have a similar skirt in plaid

Shopping OOTD: 
Crewcuts gingham shirt, J. Crew sweatshirt, Amrita Singh necklace, Abercrombie jeans (yay they fit again from my college days - only because they were baggy then, lol), Kate Spade crossbody

Oh sales, do you love 'em or leave 'em?

14 comments:

  1. I tried on that same skirt at J. Crew and had the same thoughts...already have a plaid skirt. Plus, I was not shopping for work clothes.

    Glad you found some comfy shirts at AT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the pave necklace! I'm now eying the red one online...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the first two tops are flattering on you especially with the statement necklaces ;)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. statement necklaces over sweaters are a good look on you. I think I'll try it myself.

    http://shortandsweetjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the tippi looks super cute on you! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried on the Ponte Boatneck Top but it didn't look good on me as it does on you. I picked up the necklace and matching earring in Rose Taffy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shopping outfit, so cute. The KS bag is fabulous. I love the first green jcrew top and that necklace, great buys!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across your blog from phiphi's blog! I love love love that scarf! Amazing. You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both the tops that you picked up! I didnt see them in my local AT. GAP has some good sale going on.. Ive tried to stay away from the sales this year. Just bought some basic tees from GAP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom got the emerald At top today, gorgeous! I picked up the orange shift dress there for 80% off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great emerald color! Love the white one too with the statement necklace. And that striped sweater -- I thought I saw another in the J Crew version.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post on the jcrew!!! I haven't gone to the store in awhile and planning on going tomorrow, hopefully I can score something good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the striped tee, I bought something similar from Chicos last month.

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...