Sunday, November 18, 2012

H&M Fitting Room Reviews & Meeting Ping

I went to H&M twice this week (yikes).  Once for the 40% off one item coupon and once with the lovely Ping from All About Fashion Stuff.  We grabbed some Korean for lunch and then headed to the mall with our SOs in tow :)  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of us together to document the occasion.  Will have to remember next time!

Toggle Coat w/ Fur, Sz 4, $30
This coat is marked down as part of their holiday deals for $30.  I love the mustard color, fur, and toggle buttons.  I think the coat is supposed to fall straight down, but (ahem) my rear was too big and made it bunch out a little so while the front looked fine and the coat felt fine, the back looked a little strange.  I would not have noticed at all so thank goodness for Ping!
Verdict: I didn't wind up buying this due to time, but I'm undecided at the moment.  

Striped Coat, Sz 4 (?), $59.90
I saw this coat on Jenny of Crazy Style Love and was instantly drawn to the stripes.  It looked gorgeous on her, but not so much on me.  I don't think I can pull it off.
Verdict: No, looks better on others though!

Faux Collar Shirt w/ Rhinestones, Sz 4, $20
I loved the feminine pink contrast and the faux collar / placket, but ultimately the fit threw me off.  The torso was very blouse-y but the shoulders were a touch too small for me.  I thought about sizing up to get a better shoulder fit, but didn't want a tent-like torso so put it back on the rack.
Verdict: Another no for me, but would look great on others

Blazer (lined), Sz 6 (Khaki) and Size 4 (Blue), $19.95
I've wanted a Khaki blazer for a little bit now so was excited to see this one (lined, no less!) at H&M for only $19.95.  I tried both a size 6 and 4.  The 6 was a little too loose, especially in the chest area.  The 4 fit well in the chest and shoulders, but seemed a little tight at the waist.  Sigh.  Though not ideal, I  wound up buying the Khaki in Sz 4.  I justified it by telling myself that I never button my blazers anyway :P  I used my 40% off coupon on this so the blazer was only $13.
Verdict: Bought

Blazer tag for anyone interested

Lace Dress, Sz 4
I've been thinking about lace dresses ever since seeing Elle's WIFW post, so decided to give this a shot.  It unfortunately was very matronly and dowdy on me (probably didn't help that I kept my pants on).  The scalloped edge details are oh so pretty though.  
Verdict: Big NO

Still doing well with managing my shopping, but the Holiday sales are nearly here and those will probably be too tempting to pass up.  Will you be doing any Black Friday shopping?

11 comments:

  1. Love striped coat so much! I'd be drawn to it too! Such a lovely coat. Such a bummer it didn't fit you as you imagined! Maybe a bit too big?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the stripe coat and the mustard coat. Im not shopping off late and hope I dont go overboard with all the black friday sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we totally forgot to take advantage of our 2 photogs that were available at our disposal. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow :) Those are some major bargain prices :) I like the toggle coat and the blazers! I miss H&M. I have tagged you with a blog award too :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like the toggle coat on you! such a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great price on that blazer only $13 after coupon! I won't be intentionally shopping after Thanksgiving but we might go to the mall if we're bored :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that lace dress...looks great with a blazer and I also have worn it with tights....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my dear, hope all is well with you. I have been bouncing on and off your blog on my smartphone but the keys were too small to leave a comment ;) I think I went into H&M at least 10 times during the 40% coupon but didn't make out with anything other than sale items! Wish I had seen the blue blazer though, it looks super nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you should get that yellow coat. For $30, it's such a great deal and I think it looks really pretty on you!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been in love with lace dresses too. I think you made the right verdict on the lace above. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blazer you picked up! Ha ha, too funny, I agree that yellow coat was not made for anyone with curves. It did not fit around my hips and butt! Thank you so very much for the super sweet shout out!

    xo Jenny
    Crazy Style Love

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...