Wednesday, July 11, 2012

J. Crew Reviews: July Sale Items

Like a moth to a flame, I cannot stay away from a good J. Crew sale.

Dizzy Anchors Dress, Sz 0, (buy here)
I'm a little anchor-obsessed so literally pounced on this dress.  I love the print (seems much more proportional in dress form than as a mini skirt, see here) and the overall fit.  Shoulders / chest / waist all fit well.  Neckline isn't too low.  Flared skirt masks the pooch.  The only part I didn't like was the ruffle at the bottom.  It seems to make it look a little juvenile?  Maybe it's just me.
Verdict: No, would prefer it sans ruffle

Lucille Dress in Lace, Bright Sun, Sz 0 (buy here)
I adore the color of this in the picture.  However, in real life, it was very neon yellow.  Gigi described a similar J. Crew color best as being "sour" with green undertones.  That fits this color to a T.  The fit was perfect - slim, but not tight, good length, and still hides that tummy.
Verdict: No, but will be looking for this dress cut in a different color

Ribbon Stripe Boatneck Tee, Ivory Neon Green, XXS (buy here)
Even though this is still listed as a new arrival on the website, it was already marked down at my local store.  I think the price was $19.99?  But not positive.  The XXS fit nicely in the body, but the sleeves felt too tight.  I loved the color scheme!
Verdict: No, XXS was the only size left and I definitely need XS.

Silk Bow Cami, Brilliant Purple, Sz 00, $21 (buy here)
I had been eyeing this top since it first hit the stores and was ECSTATIC to see that it had been marked down to $29.99 (originally $98) and then further discounted with an additional 30% off sale items.  It looks like a cobalt blue here but it's actually a nice, deep purple.  My store did not have my usual size of 0 so I was glad the 00 fit well in the shoulders / chest with just a bit of extra room in the torso.

When it comes to shopping, which store do you have a weakness for?

25 comments:

  1. I love THE JCREW DRESS! it looks perfect for summer :)

    www.honeyfullife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eying that lucille dress and sad that the yellow is so neon:( So jealous of that silk bow cami...what a major score. Thanks for your reviews SPG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The anchor dress is cute and doesn't look juvenile. I like the lace dress on you and agreed that it will better in a different color. I love Ann Taylor. I always head to Ann Taylor every time there is a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that anchor dress, but I agree, it would be so much better without the ruffles. Love the silk bow cami!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the first dress on you. But you are right, the little ruffled patch makes it juvenile. DIY inspired better version maybe? GAP and Macys are my weakness! I just cant resist Macys one day sales!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, I can't stay away from J.Crew either! I don't like a flounce on dresses/skirts, either. I think it's because I'm short. I love the cobalt top, that's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god, that anchor dress is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reviews! Too bad my Jcrew is such a mess! I love the lace dress, which also came in navy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up on the navy! Will have to look for it!

      Delete
  9. i have a weakness for jcrew, too. but im getting better at avoiding final sale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. J.Crew is a biggy for me and since it's so close to work I seem to be spend more time in Ann Taylor than is really necessary. For example I tried on a skirt yesterday that I now officially love but even ON SALE it's $60. And that price I just can't justify :-/.

    Dana
    Good Red Herring

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favourite is the anchor dress, followed by the ruffled blue top!

    They all look good on you really, just think its final sale!


    oxo,

    ML
    TWENTY YORK STREET
    Follow @20YS on Twitter : @20YS
    Follow @20YS on Facebook: TWENTY YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly love anchors as well ... the dress is cute, but kind of agree they should have just made it a full aline or sheath style. -xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first dress is amazing! Love anchors! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your review! That lace dress is really cute on you, but neon yellow feels kinda too much for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Lucille dress looks like an H&M dress that is part of their new collection. I think H&M has it in white, pink, blue. I'm not sure.
    & I really like that boatneck tee on you.

    To answer your question, I'm not sure if I have a weakness for a certain store. But I have a weakness for good deals. It's hard to walk away...it's bad...yeah, lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment....

    ReplyDelete
  18. that deep blue blouse is so pretty! love!

    do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
    see you around!

    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have totally gotten the yellow dress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Lucille Dress is beautiful on you! Hope you find a color you like. It looks better on you than on the model in the stock photo! I have lots of weaknesses but hardly pull the trigger since we're trying to save $$. I really love shopping Children's Place for my son though ;).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute outfits. I like the yellow dress :) Come check out my blog, if you like it I would love it if you followed me.

    xo Andrea
    http://uskar-vor-inspire.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for these photos. I saw the J Crew dress in the window at my local store but was put off by the ruffle as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are great! I love that yellow dress :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...