Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fitting Room Reviews: Old Navy Deals & Ann Taylor F&F

I've been on a bit of a shopping kick lately and hit both the Old Navy Stuff & Save sale (additional 40% off everything in-store) and the Ann Taylor Friends & Family preview sale (also 40% off everything) last Wednesday.  I left with some amazing deals from Old Navy:

Old Navy Denim Jacket, XS, $9 in store (orig. $35), buy here
I've never really been a denim jacket kind of girl (always felt like it looked off on me and so effortlessly cool on everyone else) but for $9, I decided to give this one a try.  It's a good thing I'm planning to wear it opened because there's no way I can get it to button across my chest.
Verdict: Buy, looks cute open and $9 to experiment with the look isn't a bad deal

Old Navy Ruffled Button-Front Drawstring Cami, XS, $9 in store (orig. $25), buy here
I was originally drawn to this online but never ordered it for fear of it being low-cut.  It actually isn't bad at all and I love the yellow + dots.  I tried pulling the drawstrings taut but it looked silly on me.  I like the relaxed look better.
Verdict:  Buy, good fit / print / color / price

 
Old Navy Drawstring Raglan-Sleeve Jersey Top, XS, buy here
Old Navy Rope Belt, XS / S, $7 in store (orig. $), do not see online
I wanted to love this shirt.  I have plenty of navy / white / cream / gray stripe combinations but wanted to add a red into the mix.  The top is blouse-y with elasticized cuffs and hem.  The  effect made me look a little balloon-like.
Verdict: No, not at all flattering

Thankfully, the belt worked out.  The knot is such a pretty detail and you already know I'm a huge sucker for all things nautical.  
Verdict: Buy, a perfect addition to my nautical collection

And then at Ann Taylor:
Ann Taylor Romantic Lace Top, Sz 0, $60, buy here
Lace and neon yellow?  So pretty!!  It fit pretty well and I was glad that the lace wasn't the itchy type.
Verdict: No.  Practically speaking, the price is too high for something that won't become a wardrobe staple.  I would consider on further sale though.

Ann Taylor Lace Detailed Colorblock Shell, Sz 0, buy here
I really loved the look of this shell with the contrasting neck band and lace sides but it's not a top I can wear by itself in the office.  I'd have to layer it with a blazer or cardigan and then the beautiful lace details would be completely hidden.
Verdict: Sadly no, the best part would be covered up when wearing

Ann Taylor Sleeveless Drape Front Shell, Sz 0, $18, buy here (solid color)
This is an old fitting room pic I never posted but the shirt is still available in stores.  I loved the draping and felt like the fit was pretty flattering but didn't feel like I could pair it very well.  
Verdict: No, not something I must have

Modern Lace Sheath Dress, Sz 0, ~$80 in store, (buy here)
This is a beautiful dress, but it just doesn't work on my body type (please ignore the pants underneath - I was being lazy).  It ultimately makes me look very matronly / Mother of the Bride-ish in the top portion but looks sleek and modern on Vicky here.
Verdict: No, looks much better on slimmer ladies

Any great shopping finds for you this weekend?

46 comments:

  1. Of all the things here, my favorite is the rope belt and the yellow polka dot top (which would look great under your new jean jacket too :) Old Navy has some nice stuff this spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ON has really stepped it up in my opinion! SO many cute items and so many amazing deals makes for a perfect storm :)

      Delete
  2. Love all of AT you tried. Yet, I totally agree they are not practical and a little expensive...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They definitely have some beautiful garments :)

      Delete
  3. Great finds in Old Navy. I love the jean jacket you scored.
    I have no idea what you are talking about on the AT lace dress. You look great in it. $80 now? I paid a little less than $100 just a week ago. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! The dress was either $139.99 or $129.99 before the 40% off - is it too late to get a price adjustment?

      Delete
  4. I love the polka dots and denim jacket and at those prices I would def scoop those up! I miss Old Navy deals!! You guys have the best deals over there

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but you live in a veritable paradise!

      Delete
  5. That jacket looks sooooooo good on you, quite "effortlessly cool." So jealous that you got it for a mere $9!! The last dress, however, is a trainwreck. Not digging the toga-party drape going across the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was very excited about this particular deal - ON has been so amazing lately.

      LOL about the last dress - thanks for the honest feedback!

      Delete
  6. The denim jacket and blouse from ON are so cute. What a great deal too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! You know me and my deals :)

      Delete
  7. i love the neon lace top! sadly AT doesn't ship here. sulks :(
    i loved all of the AT pieces you tried though! xox P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find that top! I think it'd look amazing on you!

      Delete
  8. I really like the denim jacket on you! I also adore the colorblock tank.
    If you're interested, I also reviewed different items at Loft from this weekend's Friends and Family sale! I just started blogging, so I'm new to the petite blogosphere :)
    http://petitelifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to petite blogging! Looking forward to checking out your posts for reviews!

      Delete
  9. you look cute in everything. love the on blouse, very good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eep, I love the AT yellow lace top on you! It sold out really quickly online, so I'm surprised to see it still available in stores. I haven't been to the mall in awhile so I've been out of touch with their inventory.

    Agree with all your picks. Can't wait to see you wear the denim jacket and white/yellow polka dot cami... possibly together? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a bunch at my local store - it helps that I live in the midwest :) Yes! My brain is already thinking of different outfits with the jacket. It's been relatively cool the last couple of days so perfect timing!

      Delete
  11. The polka dot top is great! And what a great deal on that jacket! Too bad nothing at Ann Taylor worked out!

    I scored at J. Crew on Friday night...a $188 dress for under $36! Just posted my finds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh thanks for the good pricing info! I have that denim jacket in my cart and thought $20 was a good deal after the 30%, but I will look for it in-store. Love the belt, too. That's a good find. I don't know about AT. I like to look, but most of the stuff never looks good on me. Thanks for being a champ & sharing try-ons ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very surprised it was such a good price! They had the blue and white denim ones at my store for $15 before the 30% off. Hope you find some good stuff!

      Delete
  13. The denim jacket is such a great bargain. I have been looking for a darker wash one. Will be visiting Old Navy soon. I have to say, really LOVE the Ann Taylor shell and dress on you. You look amazing in these pieces. Too bad they are a No Verdict :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patience! Hope you find a good denim jacket!

      Delete
  14. Love that polka dot top from ON, and that Ann Taylor lace tank looks so pretty on you!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul from Old Navy. I actually like the AT lace dress on you. It looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Ying! I just wasn't feeling that dress :)

      Delete
  16. I like that nautical belt! May have to get it tonight. Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh darn you! I have a little bit of a break today.. and I think I'm going to end up visiting Old Navy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Did you wind up getting anything?

      Delete
  18. love the denim jacket on you! such a steal!!!
    my favorite from AT is that yellow lace top. i have seen it in person and i have to say its quite gorgeous. i hope it goes on further sale for both our sake!! hhhaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ping! Ohhh, you would look so gorgeous in that yellow lace top!

      Delete
  19. I would run back to get the AT lace romantic top and draped shell. I think they look amazing on you :)

    Jillian


    www.NuSophisticate.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm just amazed at the kind of crazy low prices that you get in the US. These are beautiful picks and so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the sales - gives me a little bit of a shopper's high :)

      Delete
  21. I didnt see that denim jacket or the yellow polka dot top in my ON yesterday! Denim jackets are prefect for spring! I love the yellow Polka dot on you and also the Ann Taylor Sleeveless Drape Front Shell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They had the denim jackets in a weird place in the middle of the store away from where most of the women's items were. It was a little tricky but I happened upon it when going to the fitting room.

      Delete
  22. oh wow, these are really great buys, I love the dress in the last photo, a good choice!

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like that yellow polka dot top! so cute!

    Jenn
    A Petite Treat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been a little polka dot crazy this season :)

      Delete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...