Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jason Wu for Target Fitting Room Reviews

I'm always intrigued with Target designer collaborations but I think the Jason Wu collection is my favorite thus far.  I arrived at the store right when it opened and joined the group of ladies making a beeline straight to the Jason Wu items.  I'm happy to say that everyone was very calm and very nice about shopping.  We even exchanged sizes in the fitting room with each other :)  I was disappointed that my local store didn't have the Navy Poplin Dress but I did get my hands on other things to try.

Sleeveless Chiffon Dress in Navy Floral, XS
Since this is a pullover dress (no zippers / closures), it was designed to be a little tent-like and then cinched at the waist with the belt.  Unlike many dresses designed like this, it did not create unsightly bunching at the waist - a big plus.  The chiffon was multi-layered and the effect was a nice, flow-y effect.  The fit is just a little large.  My true, non-vanity size is probably a Small 4 months post-partum but this XS fits me fine and still has room to give.
Verdict:  Yes
See on Annie and Laura

Blouse with Tie in Blush Dots, XS
I loved the concept of this blouse with the contrasting trim but I don't think the color works on me.  I'm a little sad about it because it was soooo pretty on the hanger.  When I looked at this blouse, I thought it was also a pullover type because the placket was actually pretty well-hidden to me (or maybe I'm blind)  but it has snap buttons running down the front.
Verdict: No

Blouse with Tie in Navy Dots, XS
I tried the navy version and thought it was a much better color on me.  Untucked, it looks rather large but tucking makes a big difference.  I think this would look cute with a bright skirt or cuffed pants and flats.
Verdict: Yes
See on Jean and Laura

Sleeveless Printed Shift Dress in Blush Stripes, XS
Here's another dress that looked cute on the hanger but not on me.  I look a bit wide up top and that gives me more of a matronly effect than I'd like.
Verdict: No
See on Jean


Long-Sleeve Sheer Blouse in Blush Dots, Sz S
Sorry about the square - it was a little sheer and I'm a little shy about not having a cami underneath.  This was the only shirt I couldn't find in XS so I grabbed a Small instead.  I originally tried this with the skirt and thought it was a resounding "no."  Tucking into a lower slung bottom made it far less poufy.  The sleeves are long but since the cuffs are narrow, it gives a nice ballooned, feminine feel.  
Verdict:  Yes, though I'm not sure why I think the blush color in this blouse seems better to me than the first one.
See on Annie
Pleated Skirt in Navy Floral, Sz 2
As for the skirt, the way it nipped in the waist and flared out accentuated my mommy hips in a not so flattering way.  Such a cute print though!  I think this would work on a different body type.  Size 2 was true to size.
Verdict: No

Did you buy anything from this collaboration?

46 comments:

  1. Great review SPG! I was quite disappointed in the sizing:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! I was surprised about sizing. Target items like Mossimo had always seemed immune to vanity sizing. I know I've tried several XS items there that were teeny tiny.

      Delete
  2. Great review. My favorite is the sleeveless Chiffon Dress. I love how it fits on you.

    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patience - that's my favorite too! :)

      Delete
  3. The sleeveless chiffon looks perfect on you. I was disappointed in the sizing, but the prints are super cute. Nice reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do adore the floral print - I wish our Target had gotten some of the other items in the collection too.

      Delete
  4. We got the same dress! I also linked your review... I really look up to your fitting room reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura - you are so sweet! I linked you too :)

      Delete
  5. Wahh I totally forgot about this and didn't get a chance to go to Target...it's probably all sold out already! Great score on the first dress SPG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, no worries - I think the sizing might make everything too big on you?

      Delete
  6. You look super cute in the dress!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review! I picked up the sheer blush blouse in XS. Since my arms are short the sleeves balloon a little too much on me. Overall this shirt was much better quality compared to the others I saw. If I decided to keep I might actually get it altered bec I really love the collar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to try on the blush blouse again. I was so excited about the torso poufiness working out (and that I was scoring JW items in general) that I may need to re-evaluate the sleeve length. It is a lovely blouse though!

      Delete
  8. Great review! The dress look so much better on you than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting your review too! I thought it looked lovely on you too but my favorite item you tried on was the Belize blouse.

      Delete
  9. oh wow! i totally forgot about this line coming out today. thanks for the review. seems like everything runs pretty big :/
    i think my favorite is the navy polka blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I don't think you really missed out since the sizing is cut generously. I know Jean tried on a few things and wound up not keeping any pieces.

      Delete
  10. Lol I have seen these reviews creep up on my blogroll :) But they are really pretty some of the designs :) I like the blouses but with the reviews from Jean about the twisted color? I'm not 100 percent sure :) Nevertheless glad you got to pick up some :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the twisted collar is on purpose? I could be wrong though! :D

      Delete
  11. Everything in this collection seems to run big. I was specifically looking for the navy dress but I don't think it's available in stores 9at least not my store). I didn't try anything on since they all looked so huge on the rack =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the skirts were TTS but smallest was a size 2 - so still too big for most of the petites in our blogging community :( I wanted the navy dress too but they didn't have any in the Targets near me either.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for nice review. I wish I could find my size of these blouses. I liked both color... they look really good on you. I agree the navy one look better on you. Now I'm working on my review, hopefully I can finish soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'd love to check out your review too!

      Delete
  13. I'm unlikely to get anything because I don't think $40 for a polyester blouse is a good value (though it does look good - I'm just unsure about the quality). I like the first dress the most - it fits you beautifully! The rest of the clothes wear you and not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your honest opinion! I think I got so excited that I just grabbed whatever seemed to fit but I think I need to try them on again and re-evaluate.

      Delete
  14. I made it to Target an hour after it opened and there were only a few items left! I did get to try on a few things. I tried on that Blouse with Tie in Navy Dots too, but didn't love it enough to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to re-evaluate my keeps. Some of the blouses look a little strange on me after looking at the photographs. I was just too excited lol.

      Delete
  15. Great review SPG! I could not make it to target and dont have the energy. Little one is down with cold and is a little clingy and needy right now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I hope your little one feels better soon! I hate it when the kiddos get sick, I'd much rather I was sick instead.

      Delete
  16. Great recap! I should try it soon too. Thank you for sharing :) xo akiko

    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that floral dress on you! That's too bad that the Jason Wu x Target line wasn't petite-friendly. It seems to run true to size for us non-petites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it worked in general for petites in terms of shorties but not so much for the short and slim. Better for the bigger shorties like me LOL.

      Delete
  18. Love the floral dress! Great Wu review! Looks like you got your choice of items! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooo, I think the pink polka dot blouse is so lovely! I got all of the items on my must-have list, but it's hard to stick to my budget and not keep shopping the collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have gotten some accessories - they went quickly!

      Delete
  20. Great review!! Everything looks so nice on you! I especially like the navy dot blouse on you! I wish I could've gotten my hands on that! :)

    I wrote a review too... http://fashioncray.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I'll have to check out your review too.

      Delete
  21. I passed by Target yesterday, and was really disappointed on the quality and the sizing. I didn't even try out the clothes. However, the two items that you bought looks great on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't go to the collab...the reason was I was just too lazy to take public transportation to target or walk the 2 miles each way to get there. I do love the pieces you purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that would be a long walk! I don't think I would have gone then either especially since the JW items probably went quicker in the city.

      Delete
  23. hey! you got to try on a lot of stuff. i really don't have patience to go into fitting rooms, so i buy, then return if i decide later i don't want them. :) the first dress, i did end up getting... but didn't have it in my size. i haven't tried it on yet, so we'll see what happens. you made a good choice by picking the blue blouse... it looks amazing on you. :) overall, i love this collection.... really love the feminine details. :) i got a decent amount of stuff, but haven't tried everything yet.... hoping i will this wknd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that even when I try things on, I'll still often need to return because I made a hasty decision :P Hope your items work out for you!

      Delete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...