Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Reviews: Horsebit Bracelets, ON Red Blazer & More

Despite a few "successful" shopping trips to the mall wherein I purchased only a few bracelets here and there, I have amassed quite a few items from online shopping.  Thank goodness I didn't make a shopping resolution this year!

During one of their promos last week, I got 30% off my Old Navy purchase and didn't hesitate to peruse the new arrivals.  When I spotted a red blazer (was originally thinking of getting the J. Crew Schoolboy Blazer here, but maybe this will do?), I ordered it to see how it would compare.

Old Navy Linen Blend Blazer, Red Chili, XS (buy here)
The first thing I noticed was the length - this is a longer boyfriend-styled blazer than the J. Crew cropped blazer.  The color IRL is more of a reddish-orange with a little bit of a faded effect.  The sleeves are rather long but since I usually scrunch them up anyway, it doesn't matter to me.  The torso fit is pretty decent for me.  Overall, I still prefer the J. Crew version - it just seems more crisp and classic.  The decision at hand now is to figure out if this is good enough.
Verdict:  Undecided - what do you think?  Keep or hold out for J. Crew?

Old Navy Utility-Pocket Chambray Shirt, XS, (buy here)
After seeing Ping rock her ON chambray shirt, I decided to order one and see how I liked it on me.  The fit is a little loose in the torso and a little tight at the bust (I'm wearing a sports bra to prevent the gaping which is more representative of my typical size after I stop nursing Baby E).  I think this shirt is cute but not necessarily "me"
Verdict:  Hmm, I think this is a return

Old Navy Hooded Button-Jersey Pullover, XS (buy here)
I saw this in store in the lounge section and fell in love.  I don't think I've worn a hoodie since college and I know I can't wear this to work, but I think this is perfect for those play-dates in the park with the kiddos.
Verdict:  Keep

Curb Link "necklace" and Horsebit Bracelet (buy here)
I found this curb-link chain (made of plastic) in the trim section of my Joann store and bought 18" to fashion into a necklace.  For $6, it gives you the look of a real necklace which is good enough for me!

The Horsebit Bracelet was a random find late one night (courtesy of Baby E) from an Amish website.  The leather is nice and thick featuring an adjustable strap with 2 settings.  The tightest setting is approximately 7" and the loosest setting is 8".  I purchased 2 - one in orange and one in navy blue.

You can also choose from brass or silver hardware.  I love these bracelets and they were such a good deal!  Like Jean was saying, I love how these bracelets evoke a Gucci-esque feel.
Verdict:  Definite keepers

Talbots Driving Gloves, Luggage, Sz 6.5 (no longer available online)
Thanks to Jean of Extra Petite, these leather gloves were only $15 with free shipping!  Thank you Jean for tweeting about the discount!  The 6.5 fit pretty well but of course there is still room in the fingers.  See Olyvia's review here.
Verdict:  Keep - what a great deal!

Any fun purchases lately?  Yay or nay on the red blazer?

47 comments:

  1. Love the Horsebit bracelets. Great find. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm completely in love with them :)

      Delete
  2. I went a little crazy in Macys n GAP and now im thinking of a shopping ban for myself! Its hard to compare ON with Jcrew! I liked both! ON is more of a casual blazer and thats what works for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always hard not to shop in January with all of these crazy sales! Too tempting!

      Delete
  3. love the color of that red blazer! it's so rich and vibrant. looks great paired with those boots too. hmmm i think return since you already have something similar...right? i actually decided to return both my chambray...i wasn't crazy about the fit so im still currently on the search for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wound up returning the ON blazer and chambray shirt since I found that H&M red blazer. Hope you find your perfect chambray!

      Delete
  4. Your outfits look great :) Where are your boots from? Love them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are Born Susanne boots I bought from 6pm.com for $65 - super comfy!

      Delete
  5. Love those horsebit bracelets! Hmm the sleeves are long on that ON blazer huh? I would return it. But if you love it go for it :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I returned it in favor of the H&M one :)

      Delete
  6. I vote no on the ON red blazer, since it isn't as perfect as the J.crew one :) Plus I think the shorter-length blazer is more flattering. I'm still envious that you got a deal on those gloves! $15 for real leather and silk made in Italy! That's awesome! And those bracelets are nice! I haven't seen anything like that! now I'm intrigued

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think the cropped length is better on me - I'm glad I'm not the only one :) I was so glad to get that glove deal. Such a steal!

      Delete
  7. I really love the chambray shirt and the bracelets. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blazer should be returned. I took a look at it and it is a blend of linen and rayon so no matter how many times you iron that thing...it'll be wrinkly and it'll never have the structure of the J.crew. The chambray shirt looks nice but if you are not feeling it then back it goes :) OK...so tmrw...is that post you requested ;) Getting inside the shopping brain of B...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input! I did wind up returning both items :)

      Delete
  9. The color on the site is really way off compared to your picture, if you are having second thoughts, maybe you should return it because your not loving it. This year my goal is buy clothes that I MUST love only :D

    btw is it this post I was talking about guest posting on how to photograph your baby? I might have mentioned something about photographing indoor in some other posts but honestly I cant remember at this moment LOL forgive me.

    Most of my indoor pictures, I have to turn up the ISO and playing around with the aperture setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the post - thanks so much for linking me to it! It is so helpful! :)

      Delete
  10. Honestly, I think you should return the blazer and hold out for the J.Crew one. The ON blazer isn't so bad but I don't think you're in love with it. One of my goals this year is not to purchase "OK" items. I am slowly replacing my cheaper pieces for higher quality items. BTW, I love those leather bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - I wasn't in love with the ON blazer - back it went!

      Delete
  11. The red blazer looks really nice with the white shirt and jeans. I think you should keep it. Love your boots!

    http://www.fashionablememories.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The boots are super comfy - a big plus :)

      Delete
  12. I think you should return the blazer and wait the Jcrew one to go on sale. These bracelets and leather gloves are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. no opinion on the blazer, but i really like the chambray on you. my trimming section doesn't have big chains like this. I checked. it hardly has small chains to make friendship bracelets. I love the horsebit bracelet. will you share the site you found it on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are ever in need of big chain trim, just let me know :)

      Delete
  14. I agree that the chambray is a return. It's a different style than what Ping reviewed! I prefer the pockets on Ping's version. You've been finding a lot of great items lately! Thank you so much for your help in finding a curb link necklace on Twitter :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I've been finding good things bc I've been shopping like a madwoman :D No problem on the curb link necklace. Happy to do it for a friend!

      Delete
  15. Great buys! I especially love the chambray shirt! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)

      Delete
  16. I say hold out for J.Crew. Better quality and possibly better fit? I really like the bracelets. Too bad about the long fingers of the Talbot's gloves but for that price and the quality- glad you're keeping them : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I held out...but for H&M instead :)

      Delete
  17. first, let me comment that your engagement ring style is very much like mine. mine, too, is a halo-style. looks great!

    the color of the blazer is lovely... it's really up to you if you like this blazer or not... but i personally just love the fit of the schoolboy blazer from j.crew. love your boots! i love red with brown. the purple chambray shirt looks fantastic on you. i absolutely adore the color!

    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When we got engaged, those Ritani halo rings were in all the bridal mags so I couldn't resist :)

      I wound up returning the blazer and getting a H&M version that looks similar to J. Crew :)

      Delete
  18. Hmmm you can hold out for the J.Crew one, if you can hold out until a great Sale. The Old Navy one isn't bad but you don't seem to be 100% sure about it.

    I love the color though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the ON color too - the reddish-orange is quite lovely in person. I did wind up returning it and getting a different blazer instead.

      Delete
  19. That horsebit bracelets are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I was so happy to come across them!

      Delete
  20. I love online shopping. It's fun because you don't even have to get out of the house. LOL. I really like your red blazer. It's so fierce and vibrant. I also like your riding boots. I recently just got one and I love them!!!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too but it can be so dangerous! I feel like shopping at home is so comfortable that I'm more likely to over-buy :P

      Delete
  21. Since you like the J.Crew schoolboy more, I vote to trust your gut and wait for that.

    Love all three of your jewelry purchases. I think it's time I paid my local arts & crafts store a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gut changed its mind and went for the H&M blazer :D LMK if you can't find the chain and I'll mail it to you!

      Delete
  22. I was just at Old Navy today. The red blazer caught my eye too. I'd go with the Old Navy one. The price just won't ever be worth it to me to get from J Crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is definitely good but I just found a red H&M blazer for $35 that looks very similar to the J. Crew. It's a keeper!

      Delete
  23. These are all pretty fabulous items! I am especially digging the red blazer and the leather bracelets. :D

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...