From Night to Day: Restyle a glamorous look that you would typically wear for a night-out-on-the-town into daytime casual wear. Easy right? Bonus points if you can restyle it for work!
Times like these call for a slinky, sparkly dress that I don't have. So I settled for my DIY dramatic collar dress (original sewing post here). For my night look, I paired it with a sequined sash and a statement necklace:
Sequined Sash: Express (old)
Necklace: Amrita Singh Sag Harbor Necklace, Lapis (buy here)
Bag: Chanel Vintage Messenger
Shoes: Gucci d'Orsay Pumps
To switch it to daytime, I adjusted my purse straps to make it messenger style and then added a button down shirt tucked into a belt (a nifty trick I saw Cee do) and a cardigan.
Shirt: Martin + Osa
Cardigan: Express (old)
Necklace: Target Pearls + Chain
Belt: Old Navy (old)
Bag / Shoes: Same as above
I'm not sure if my transition really works but I'm happy that I was able to use items in my closet that hadn't been worn in awhile. I'm excited to see everyone's entries!
And I know this is late, but I wanted to write out my resolutions so I could hold myself accountable.
- Don't make resolutions I can't keep :)
- Get off the couch. I spend a good deal of time on the couch nursing Baby Girl (who also inevitably falls asleep on me) and am becoming quite sedentary. I need to learn to transfer her to a crib when she's asleep and get active for a healthier lifestyle.
- Continue trying to remix my closet. Those 30 for 30 challenges inspire me to try to maximize the many unworn items in my closet (and also to get rid of any unnecessary items).
- Stop hoarding craft supplies. I have an overabundance of fabrics, yarns, and jewelry supplies that I keep saving for the "perfect" project. I need to start using them or at the very least stop buying so many to stockpile.
- And the most important - treasure the moments with my kiddos during my year off for maternity leave. They grow up so fast (sniff, sniff)!
Did you make any resolutions for the new year?