Saturday, September 3, 2011

Banana Republic Steal: Bethel Suede Platform Sandal $20

With the 50% off select items promo at Gap last weekend, I had to go check it out.  Though I would have loved to buy some of the great denim deals, I had zero confidence of where my body would wind up post pregnancy so didn't wind up buying anything.  As I meandered through the mall, I decided to stop by Banana Republic to check out the Mad Men collection in person.  I LOVE the styles shown on the show but somehow the BR collection just isn't my cup of tea.  There are some cute styles but I had higher hopes for it.

Anyhoo, I found these great shoes on the sale rack and was DELIGHTED to find out that after the additional 25% off discount (this weekend, BR is having additional 30% off your entire purchase), they would only cost $20!  And they had my size!  Despite the fact that I need more shoes like I need a hole in the head, this was just meant to be :)

Banana Republic Bethel Suede Platform Sandal, Olive, Sz 8.5, $20 in store (orig. $140), buy here

Review:

  • Fits true to size
  • Comfy
  • Seems to really elongate my legs - a plus!
  • Love the grommet details and the olive color
  • And holy cow about the $20 price tag!!!!!!  The website is still selling it for $69.99 so look for it in your store instead.
  • VERDICT:  A total keeper! 
Happy holiday shopping!  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Ohh!! Awesome shoes at an awesome price!! They look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That is an amazing deal!love them and I hate the ridiculous price difference between the in-store n online stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a keeper for sure. You just can't beat the style and quality at this price level. I'm glad they're comfy - I tend to shy away from wooden platforms because I'm afraid of foot fatigue. Any chance of that happening with these babies? They're a great find - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for great sale! this olive/grommet style is perfect for your nautical-like wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bargain find :) Love them :)

    katattack2000@wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a steal! :)
    I haven't gotten the chance to check out the Mad Men collection at Banana Republic, but I shall soon. <3

    XoXo, Bree
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes are gorgeous and $20? That is an awesome price! How are you feeling these days? Hope the hot days are almost done so you can stay comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love them. They're so unique. Great find! If I have a chance to stop by BR this weekend, I'll definitely check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The suede, the color, the style, all around a big score! Congrats on finding such a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SPG, first the Talbots bag, now the BR shoes! You are really great at finding some good steals. I know what you mean re: having another pair of shoes, BUT those shoes look great on you. Love the detailing and the straps are very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Twenty? No way!

    They look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute and great buy. Totally a keeper! These will also be perfect for early Fall wear.

    XoXo,
    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait..what?? $20 for those? AMAZING deal! You are blessed with your size feet! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great deal on those shoes! It's amazing they're comfortable too!! I think shoes are funner to buy than clothing anyway! =P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like these shoes. It's very "alaia" style. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle - Thanks! I was so happy when I saw they had my size! :)

    Newpetite - Me too! I like to think of online shopping as a great alternative to going out but the price differences can be HUGE!

    Anna - I agree! Hmm, not sure about foot fatigue as pretty much anything other than a flat fatigues me at the moment. I'll have to check it out post-baby and let you know!

    Olyvia - Thanks! I can't wait to pair these babies with some navy blue! :)

    Kat - Thanks! I love them too - great price and great shoe!

    Bree - Thanks, I was totally ecstatic about them :)

    Bravoe Runway - Feeling pretty good these days especially since I'm now off of work :) Thanks for asking!

    Sydney - Did you wind up stopping by BR?

    Vicky - Thanks so much! I love them!

    QFFS - I do love to shop and especially bargain hunt! I have to be careful though - I have a tendency to buy things just because it seems like such a good deal!

    Aki - Thank you! Anything that is comfy with a heel is so hard to come by!

    Patience - Thanks! I can't wait to get some wear out of them!

    Annie - LOL! The bad thing about my size is that usually it's out of stock by the time I get there but I can't imagine having such small feet that most brands don't even make that size :(

    LePetiteLemon - Thanks so much! There's definitely an appeal to accessory shopping that clothing doesn't fulfill - I think it's because you can wear them day after day and no one would ever question you. More bang for your buck!

    Ling - Thanks doll!

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...