Monday, December 6, 2010

LOFT Shawl Collar Faux Wrap Sweater Review

I had a LOFT $25 savings card burning a hole in my pocket and decided to venture into LOFT for their BOGO 50% Sweaters promo.  Little did I know that they would have a 30% off everything sale last Saturday where you could also use the savings card :(  Oh well, it's only 5% more off.

UPDATE: And now it's 40% all sweaters!  I just can't keep up with all these sales!

I tried on many sweaters (fitting room reviews post later) and wound up getting the Shawl Collar Faux Wrap Sweater in 2 different colors: Fresh Navy and Lavender Mist.

Sweater: LOFT Shawl Collar Faux Wrap Sweater, Fresh Navy, XS, $32
Blouse: Banana Republic Factory Bow Neck Halter, XS (old)
Jeans: Abercrombie Girls, Sz 16 (olllllllllld)

I like the sweater a lot because I don't have this style in my closet already.  I love how it looks with a bow-front blouse!  Now I need to whip up some more of those to pair together.  The only negative is that it's a little itchy.

I really love how the Ann Taylor pumps look (my first pair of pumps ever!) and the quality of the materials.  I usually wear size 8.5 but I had to size down to 8 because these run large.  The 8 squishes the sides of my toes a little bit so I think I'll try to stretch them with a shoe stretcher.

On a random photo-taking note, I figured out why all my photos were coming out dark or with ombre-looking shadows.  It was my lens hood this whole time!  I feel pretty dumb LOL.

The lavender mist version in the fitting room.  
For some reason, this one looks a little longer in length?

If you have a savings card / coupon, are you able to resist shopping?  

10 comments:

  1. Oh! I like this sweater! Great idea to pair it with the bow-front blouse! Strange that the navy one is shorter than the lavender!

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sweater is super cute!! i never would've thought of pairing it with a bow-front blouse, but i really like it!! and the lavender mist color does look longer -- how weird! those pumps also look really great on you! can't believe they're your first! you're definitely rocking them really well!

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh all these Loft sales are making me jealous!!!! Can't wait to get my butt to the US again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never know when to shop at LOFT either. Too many sales going on and I always want the best deal lol. You look super cute in the shawl sweater + bow shirt. All your bow shirt posts is really making me want one of my own!

    I bought AT's perfect pumps too (still waiting for them to arrive) in my regular size. Now I think they might be too small. Are they pretty comfy so far?

    It's ok about the lens hood! The photos had a really cool effect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those old jeans look good on you! haha I don't know if it's the pumps or the jeans, but it really makes your legs look long! I am so tempted to get the AT perfect pumps too since the postings from Extra Petite and Alterations Needed. Do they make any sound when walking? I have a pet-peeve of heels that makes too many noises. It is strange how the lavender is longer, wonder if it's because sweaters stretch out, especially if hanging on a hanger?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of the bow shirt and shawl sweater! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned in my sewing class that different colors of fabric and yarn often have different dimensions, which is why you can buy 3 'identical' garments in 3 different colors and get 3 different fits. It has to do with the dyeing process and how it changes the textiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute outfit! the shawl sweater is a nice fit on you and i love how you wore it in the first pic. you're right, the lighter color looks longer and bigger...weird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle - Thanks! You should give it a try - it would look fab on you :)

    Kileen - Aww thanks, you are just too sweet!! I've just been on a bow-front blouse kick lately :)

    C&P - I keep forgetting that LOFT isn't in Canada :(

    Cee - Me too on wanting to get the best deal! For being such a tall and thin heel, they've been relatively comfortable. It's mainly the toe area that squeezes a bit. And I think if you got your regular size, you *might* have to size down. I ordered the regular 8.5 and there was a good half inch extra in the back of the shoe.

    Olyvia - This was a rare day that these old jeans fit LOL. And I think I just found my "magic" pose that lengthened me a little. The funny thing is that I can't seem to recreate it! I'm not sure about sounds yet - I've only been wearing it around the house on the carpet, but I'll try it out on the tile and see how it sounds.

    Really Petite - Thanks so much!

    Kerry - You know everything :) Did you enjoy your sewing class? I've been toying with the idea of taking a class of some sort to build on some basics.

    Ping - Thank you! Kerry explained that the dyeing process can change the fit of the same item so that's probably what happened here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting sweater, I don't have anything like that either... too bad they don't have it in petite sizing or I might be tempted too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...