Friday, November 26, 2010

Wallet Damage - Black Friday Edition

Hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey Day!  Though we didn't have the typical turkey dinner, I was stuffed to the gills with hot pot :)

I visited the outlet mall on Thanksgiving Eve and then I did all the rest of my shopping online.  I contemplated going to the outlet (different one) @ 3 am for Black Friday (in my head this meant I could get deals without being super jam-packed) but then it started to snow.  I avoid driving in snow if I can so this meant no in-store shopping.  Despite this, I still managed to do quite a bit of damage to the wallet but also finish my Christmas shopping.

J. Crew Factory Store (on Thanksgiving Eve): (sorry for the elongated photos, I think I accidentally did "free resize" instead of the one where you maintain proportions.)

  • Long Knit Holland Blazer, Grey, Sz 2 (smallest size available - it's a tiny bit big in the chest and waist but still has a slim silhouette) $28
  • Shawl Cardigan, Navy Blue, XS, $31.50

Ann Taylor (online):


Sephora (online):  Not technically on super sale, but I had a gift card to use up.

  •  SEPHORA COLLECTION/Colorful Mono Eyeshadow/Creme Caramel 11
  •  SEPHORA COLLECTION/Coconut Cream Bath Collection/5 oz Coconut Cream Dry Oil Spray - I LOVE this!  It's a perfect body moisturizer for lazy people (me) bc you just spray and briefly rub.
  •  Urban Decay/Eyeshadow Primer Potion/0.34 oz Original
  •  Illamasqua/Eye Brow Cake/Vehement

The Limited (online):

Kohl's (online):

Miscellaneous:

  • Mad Men Season 3, $9.99 @ Amazon
  • Glee Season 1, $19.99 @ Amazon
  • Godiva - Top Chef Just Desserts Box, Caramel Pecan Brownies

Gifts for DS:

  • 3 shirts from Ralph Lauren, (take extra 25% off, take 10% on top of this with BZR29361, free shipping on any purchase)
  • Adventure Play Tent
  • Step 2 Wagon
  • Toddler Sleepsack
  • 4 Footy pajamas
Gifts for DH:
  • 5 pairs of ties (J. Crew & Van Heusen)
  • CK Olive Messenger Bag for iPad

Phew!  I also bought some additional Gucci shoes from DSW when they restocked online yesterday morning but I'll save that for a separate post.  What kind of wallet damage did you do?

11 comments:

  1. Wow a lot of people had hot pot for Thanksgiving! :D I love the pumps and the ruffled tank : )

    xx The Little Dust Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great!!!! Can't wait to see your additional DSW haul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you bought all that!!! you did some damage. i just placed an order on AT too. heehee. i love the silk grey blouse and the white tiered tank you got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great! My husband and I also went to the Cincinnati Premium Outlet last night. We made it there around 1:00 in the morning. It was snowing and raining at the same time so the drive was a bit tough. I did some damages to my wallet too. The worst part is we bought stuff for ourselves instead of shop for other people :) I think I had 3 hours of sleep last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shopping success! You definitely took advantage of all the deals. I'm sure your wallet is hurting, but not hurting as badly as normal, so it's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW you did a lot of damage :) Really glad you had some great deals and had a yummy Thanksgiving dinner too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that ruffle tank is so pretty and a deal! looking forward to seeing a review on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you found some great buys!! I braved the outlets but didn't end up doing much damage to my wallet until I hit up the mall in the morning. I love that Kohl's ruffle tier top you found. and $10 is a steal!!

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had hot pot for Thanksgiving dinner too hehe... it was soooo good since we haven't had it in a while. Looks like you took care of some Christmas shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. TLDP - I hadn't realized that hot pot was so popular for Thanksgiving - it was rather funny!

    Elle - Thanks! My additional haul has yet to ship so I'm a little worried that my order will get canceled :(

    Ping - LOL - I definitely did some serious damage!

    PLG - Did you wind up getting much from Cole Haan? I was really itching to go but the weather was such a deterrent.

    Cee - Thanks for the reassurance :) I did mostly buy things on super sale that I more or less "needed". LOL. At least hubby and son are taken care of for gifts!

    C&P - LOL - thanks!

    Olyvia - Thanks! I can't wait till everything gets here.

    Kileen - I saw you had a haul posting - I'm going to check it out right after this!

    PXXS - Yay for hot pot! It is the perfect dinner for a cold night. I'm definitely set for Christmas gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have those AT pumps but paid way too much for them and now have to sell them cuz they are too big on me:(

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...