Saturday, October 16, 2010

Trip to NYC - Traveling OOTD

Comfort is always my priority when traveling.  Usually this means I go to the airport wearing sweats and t-shirts but since I was accompanying hubby on a business/personal trip, I needed to look a tad more polished for seeing his coworkers.  I decided to go with my new Gap sweater dress with leggings and boots.  What do you wear when traveling?

TopGap Striped Sweater Dress, $25, Sz S
Leggings: Gray knit, Sonoma from Kohl's, Sz XS
Boots: Hunter Wellies in Black

So what did we do in NYC?  We ate like kings!

Chili Crab from Fatty Crab, West Village

Roasted Pork (w/ crispy skin) Rice, Sun Sai Gai, Chinatown

And what else?  I went to the garment district to salivate over their fabrics and picked up a few silks for future projects.  Of course, while I was there, we stopped by Parsons New School for Design and Mood for fabric (I'm a huge Project Runway fan).  


And on our last day, we got to attend the Thursday taping of the Late Show w/ David Letterman.  Since we got there rather early, we got to sit in the 3rd row.  Guests for the night were Diddy and Emma Stone.  You can actually see me when they do their quick pan across the audience :)


One of my favorite bloggers (PetiteXXS) is doing a $25 Starbucks gift card giveaway, go check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Your outfit looks very comfy. That's exactly what I am going to wear tomorrow (to the airport). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good time! I like the sweater dress look and would love to own one but haven't found one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLG - Thanks! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

    TinyInTexas - Have you checked out your local Gap or LOFT? They have some cute options to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the giveaway bump! I'm a huge Project Runway fan too, so it's cool that you got to visit Parson's and Mood! My only fabric source nearby is Joann's so I've been wondering what a "real" fabric store is like :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...