Monday, October 4, 2010

LOFT & BR Fitting Room Reviews (I resisted temptation!)

Well...not really.  If the items had fit properly, you can bet that I'd have them checked out in a heartbeat!  Here are the fitting room reviews:

Draped Shoulder Ruffle Top



Here it is in regular XS.  As you can see, it's rather large and shapeless.  I was disappointed because I found the sleeves and ruffle charming.  If only there was either a little tapering at the waist or a slimmer silhouette!  I couldn't find this in the Petite section in the store or online so it just wasn't meant to be.  I briefly toyed with the idea of slimming it myself, but don't yet trust myself with that kind of task.  Plus, if I do that, I might as well just make one from scratch.



This is another XS (couldn't be found in Petite) that fell in the slightly too large / boxy category.  Another shame since I really loved the flecks of gold with this kind of plummy color, but I feel like I buy too many tops that I need to "fix" with belts or cinched in with cardis. 

Sleeveless Ruffle Front Top, $59.99 (30% off online with code SAVEBIG), Banana Republic

Here's another XS.  The silhouette is ok, but is still a little baggy and the top is a smidge too low cut for my taste.  If it had been a better price (something in the $30-ish range), I probably would have gotten it because I love the ruffles, pleating, and color.   I'm a little sad about the fruitless mall visit, but my wallet sure was happy about it!

7 comments:

  1. Too bad about the first top... it would've been nice if it was slim fitting instead of so boxy. I think Kelly from AN may have tried the same BR top as well and it didn't work for her either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those tops are cute in the stock photos, bu I agree the fit isn't that great. I'm sure you could make something even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad those items didn't work out for you. I really like the BR top. It seems to fit you the best but not worth spending the money (yet)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i personally like your hand sewn top better than these loft shirts! your tops definitely look more expensive and fits you better. i like the ruffle of the grey top...i'm sure you can make a replica that looks/fits better. heehee :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Ping! I love the tops you make and they fit so much better than the LOFT/BR ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you! None of these tops stand out very much. I like the last top, but it seems like a little much going on. You should definitely replicate some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad everyone agrees bc I can be awfully wishy washy when it comes to purchases and I hate the feeling that I missed out on something (this is not good for shopping bans!).

    Thanks everyone for your support! I think I might try making the Draped Shoulder Ruffle Top in the next few weeks and see how it goes.

    PLG - I agree! Maybe if it gets marked down a little more...

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...